In this Consent to Electronic Communication:
Consent to Electronic Communications
You consent to receive all Communications relating to your Account in electronic form. The Communications covered by your consent include (i) your Billing Statement, (ii) any disclosure required by federal, state or local law, including disclosures under the federal Truth in Lending Act, the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and the financial privacy provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and (iii) any modifications to the contract that governs your Account or related change in terms notices.
How to Withdraw Your Consent. Initially, you may withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications by not submitting your request to discontinue paper Billing Statements. After paper Billing Statements are discontinued, if you want to withdraw your consent to electronic Communications, you may un-enroll from the Service by accessing the Belk Credit web page at www.belk.com. You may also withdraw your consent by contacting us in writing at address PO BOX 981492 EL PASO, TX 79998-1492, or by telephone at 1-800-669-6550.
We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to electronic Communications. However, you will not be able to receive your Billing Statements electronically through the Service if you do not consent to receive electronic Communications or withdraw your consent. Any withdrawal of your consent to electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal request.
How to Update Your Records. You agree to promptly update your electronic mail address if a change occurs by updating your information through the Service website.
Hardware and Software Requirements. . In order to access and retain electronic Communications, you must have the following:
Paper Copies of Communications. Upon your request we will provide you with a paper copy of a Communication that we provide you electronically.
Communications in Writing. All Communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered "in writing." You should print or download a copy of this Consent to Electronic Communication and any other electronic Communication that is important to you.
Access to Communications. By providing your consent to electronic Communications at this website, you confirm that you can access electronic Communication through the Service.
1. Third Party Service.You understand that we do not provide bill payment services, and that all such services are provided on your behalf by the Service. The terms and conditions on which you obtain bill payment services are contained in your separate agreement with the Service.
2. Payment Information. When you elect to stop paper statements, instead of mailing your payments to us you will need to make your payments using the Service. Payments you make through the Service will be credited to your account when we receive payment from the Service. If you do not pay us electronically through the Service, the crediting of your payment may be delayed by up to five days after receipt.
3. Statement Inserts. Inserts that would be included with a statement sent by U.S. mail will not be available online at this time. If an insert contains legally required material, to ensure that you receive the necessary material, we may send you a paper copy of your statement in addition to making the statement available through the Service. Statement inserts may be available in electronic form in the future, and we may provide them to you electronically at that time.
4. Returned E-mails. If e-mails advising you of the availability of statements are returned to us, we may cancel you enrollment in the Service and resume sending you paper statements in the mail. If this happens, you will need to re-enroll in the Service with updated information.
5. SPAM Filters. We will make every effort to ensure our e-mail notifications are properly listed with all SPAM filter agencies. However, you are responsible for ensuring that any SPAM filters recognize e-mail originating from the Service.
6. Account Delinquency. We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to stop providing your Billing Statements through the Service and provide you paper statements, if your account is not maintained in good standing.
7. Cancellation. We reserve the right, at any time and for any reason, to stop providing your Billing Statements through the Service and provide your paper statements. If we do so, we will provide you with notice.(back to top)